Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Book Pictures- Natasha Bott

Growing up I was constantly in the water or in the mountains. I grew up in Provo, Utah with access to Utah Lake, various canyons, rivers, and the most beautiful scenery.
​
I got my first camera when I was a kid and I would capture anything I could; pictures of friends and family, landscape, and the things happening around me. 
​
One thing that my family would always do is go up the canyon and go hunting. While they were shooting animals I would shoot pictures. I would take gory photos of animals getting cleaned out. I have a whole album of over 200 pictures of my family cleaning out a huge elk. There was blood everywhere. Looking through these pictures I realized they were nasty and I would rather take photos of living things and scenery. 
​
My senior year I had a bad case of senioritis and I would constantly sluff and go up the canyon where the majority of these photographs are taken. It was my safe place. I would go there to think, to talk to myself out loud and of course take pictures. The places in these photos are my soft spots. When I moved to Ephraim for school I got so home sick it made me physically ill. Going back to all of my safe spots in Provo made it a little better. I was able to capture these photographs and view them later when I felt homesick. They would make me feel better almost instantly. These pictures are home to me. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment